Pacanow - little PAC for little PAC members
PACanow is our PAC chapter for children. It was created in September of 2005 as a Saturday Polish school for kids. Average age of PACanow member is 8 years. The word PACanow is a word play of “PAC” (as the Polish American Club) and “Pacanow” – a real town located in southern Poland and a mythical destination of a fictional character Koziolek-Matolek, created by Kornel Makuszyński, well know Polish author of children literature. Later, Pacanow evolved into a kindergarten club for children. They enjoy spending the time together and learning Polish language by play and interaction.
Pacanow classes take place every Saturday at 11:30 AM until about 1:00pm at the Upper Arlington Library, Lane Road Branch on 1945 Lane Road, Upper Arlington, Ohio 43220
- We attend the gatherings every Saturday and we are on time.
- We talk, sing, learn and play in Polish only.
- We leave “The Little Poland” with our parents.
- Weekly classes lasting an hour and a half are not going to bring results without parents’ help at home.
Fees and support
The school fee is due at the beginning of the school year:
- PAC members – $40.00 per family;
- Non-members – $60.00 per family
School supplies are provided.